Friday, March 7, 2014

Sticky Situation

This project was based off the idea of a "sticky situation" and got the idea of a flower because the middle of a flower has pollen which is sticky. I showed contrast by making some parts on the flower darker than others such as the pedals are darker around the center of the flower. A technique I used throughout this whole piece of art is repetition. The pedals on the flower are all the same as well as the grass. A risk I did take was to try and mix two colors in the sky and pedals. I was worried that the purple would turn out too bold and overpower the blue in the sky. Also the purple and red in the pedals mixed very well and is balanced. Overall I liked how my project ended up looking and very proud of myself on how well I used watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment